MY PACKAGES & RATES
During pregnancy there is an abundance of information out there. It is very easy to over-consume and become overwhelmed. Pregnancy gives us an invitation to relax into our bodies and prepare for your baby’s arrival peacefully.
I offer antenatal sessions where we can discuss a variety of matters on your terms. It is important for me to listen to you and your birth expectations before asking key questions to get you thinking about the birth you hope for and your new life after the baby has been born.
The topics and areas offered are up to you and could include:
- the physiology of birth and understanding the hormones of birth
- your rights
- birthing space
- comfort options
- labouring positions
- address any fears and concerns
- previous birth experiences
I can signpost you to evidence based information and services that may work for you and provide access to a library of books. I support you in your choices as you take responsibility of your body and birth.
* Additional antenatal sessions can be added at £50 per session
BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE
£750, introductory rate
As your birth doula, I offer:
- 2 antenatal sessions (120 minutes long, with an option for more) where we will explore your expectations, any fears, birth rights, birth preferences, the physiology of birth and hormones, pain relief options and comfort techniques, labouring positions, and any other practicalities or other areas you might be interested in.
- 1 Relaxation session to explore different relaxation, meditation, visualisation and breathing techniques to help you tune in with your body and your baby
- On-call 24 hours per day from 14 days before your estimated due date until your baby is born
- Continuous presence during labour and birth and until you are settled after baby’s first feed
- 1 postnatal session within 7 days after the birth of your baby to debrief your birth story, help you with any issues you might be experiencing with breastfeeding and/or the care of your newborn baby
- Availability via phone, Whats App, e-mail
After the birth of your baby, I mother the mother. I offer emotional and practical support to you at home for you to transition into motherhood as smoothly as possible.
Sessions are offered in blocks of 3-4 hours over a period of 6 weeks.
Everybody’s needs are different so my support could include:
- Listening and talking, debriefing the birth over cups of tea
- Light housework
- Cooking nourishing meals – breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Grocery shopping
- The school run
- Signposting you to any support or information you may need
- Breastfeeding support and signposting
- Answering any questions on baby care
- Baby wearing and slings
- Relaxation, breath work and meditation
- Accompany you to medical appointments
- Nutritional support to help your post birth body heal
- Caring for your baby or siblings while you catch up on sleep
- (or anything else you need doing to support your relaxation)
I can also offer one-off visits or packages for fewer hours depending on your needs so do get in touch to discuss your specific situation.
* My postnatal package consists of a minimum of 10 hours. Additional postnatal hours can be booked at £25 per hour
£1000, birth doula package support delivered by two doulas
I offer a shared-care option which is where I work together with one of these incredibly experienced and special doulas:
Shared care follows my birth package offering (see above), however, you’ll have me and another doula deliver your antenatal sessions. We share the on-call period together and then whoever is on-call and attends your birth, will follow up with the postnatal visit.
The main benefit of shared care for you is double the experience, wisdom and skills for the same cost as hiring one doula.
If we are both free and your labour is long, we may well ‘tag team’ (second doula relieving the first doula on call with a good segment of time for handover) to ensure you get the best possible doula support.
All financial arrangements are agreed between us doulas so you’d only need to sign one contract and make payments to one doula to take care of the rest.
Shared care allows me to still support you, should I have other known commitments / not able to cover the full on-call period solo.
I always go the extra mile for the families I work with. Here are a couple of extra things that I love to do too.
POSTNATAL WARD RUNNER & MAMA CHEF
Extended stay on the postnatal ward which wasn’t planned for? If its an extra 24 hours or you’re there for the foreseeable. Whether you need a spare change of clothes for your partner, a forgotten tooth brush or a nutritious home-cooked meal to boost your energy and promote postpartum healing, it is all my pleasure. Don’t struggle in silence, ask for help. However obscure the item, however specific the dish, I can make it happen at cost if we are already working together. If you are not my client already, I am happy to provide these services with the additional charge for my time @ £25 per hour inclusive of travel.
NAMING CEREMONY PREPARATION
I can support families that would like to welcome their child into the world with a sense of ritual. Explore with me different options, drawing influence from different traditions and cultural practises from around the world. This needn’t be just for naming the baby. Your ceremony could be a simply blessing among wider community of family and friends. A special meal convened by a dear friend or God parent. An intimate, ornate photo shoot followed by a blessing. However you want to celebrate and mark the occasion, let me support you in making it personal.