MY PACKAGES & RATES
I offer birth and postnatal support that is informed by traditional practices and midwifery. Think you want to work with me? Get in touch to schedule a clarity call to discuss your circumstances.
BIRTH PREPARATION & SUPPORT
£1800 (payment plans and fee structure for lower incomes available, just ask)
As your traditional birth attendant, I offer:
- antenatal sessions where we will explore your expectations, any fears, birth rights, birth preferences, the physiology of birth and hormones, pain relief options and comfort techniques, labouring positions, and any other practicalities or other areas you might be interested in.
- 1 relaxation session to explore different relaxation, meditation, visualisation and breathing techniques to help you tune in with your body and your baby
- on-call 24 hours per day from 14 days before your estimated due date until your baby is born
- continuous presence (virtual / in person) during labour and birth and until you are settled after baby’s first feed
- birth pool loan included if required
- 2 postnatal session within 7 days after the birth of your baby to debrief your birth story, help you with any issues you might be experiencing with breastfeeding and/or the care of your newborn baby including a meal
- six to eight week closing session
- traditional remedies, homemade products, foods and goodies at every visit
- availability via phone, text, e-mail
bespoke packages from £540 for up to six weeks of traditionally informed postpartum care
many of us come from lineages who did not have a chance to honour their postpartum period – a time of warming, healing, rest and reflection, learning and landing. Take this time for your self, call in the support, and ignite a new family tradition for you and your children.
after the birth of your baby, I provide a cocoon of support around you to help you heal and facilitate more ease in your bonding with your baby. This is emotional and practical support in your home for you to transition into parent as smoothly as possible, with lots of essential nourishment. choose from:
everybody’s needs are different. my support could include:
- cooking and providing warming, nourishing meals, drinks and snacks
- breastfeeding and infant feeding support and signposting
- listening and talking, debriefing the birth over cups of tea
- traditional treatments for common ailments
- light housework
- grocery shopping
- the school run
- signposting you to any support or information you may need
- answering questions on baby care
- relaxation, breath work and meditations
- accompany you to medical appointments
- nutritional support to help your post birth body heal
- caring for your baby or siblings while you catch up on sleep
- (or anything else you need doing to support your relaxation)
It is sometimes hard to predict what you will need. We would first discuss yours and your family’s need and draw up a package of support which builds in some flexibility for needs to change.
The package will be based on my rate of £36 per hour which includes travel. This rate is reduced if booking over 12 hours of support.
An agreement is made with the understanding that if more visits are needed they can be added. Some people prefer having more frequent visits such as every other day in the immediate postpartum reducing them down to one visit a week as time moves on. Others prefer one or two days per week for 6 weeks.
The actual dates and times are booked based on an as-needed, rolling weekly basis and I invoice at the end of the month. I remain contactable via text and email for the duration of the first forty days.
from £2000, birth support package delivered by two birth workers
I offer a shared-care option which is where I work together with another experienced and local birth worker.
Shared care follows my birth package offering (see above), however, you’ll have me and another birth worker deliver your antenatal sessions. We share the on-call period together and then whoever is on-call and attends your birth, will follow up with the postnatal visit.
The main benefit of shared care for you is double the experience, wisdom and skills for a similar cost as hiring one of us.
If we are both free and your labour is long, we may well ‘tag team’ (second birth worker relieving the first on call with a good segment of time for handover) to ensure you get the best possible support.
All financial arrangements are agreed between us birth workers so you’d only need to sign one contract and make payments to me to take care of the rest.
Shared care allows me to still support you, should I have other known commitments / not able to cover the full on-call period solo.